Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Closing the "Private Roleplay" Forum

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Closing the "Private Roleplay" Forum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:03 pm

One Question: From the first post here, It seemed like you were going to keep open the PRP threads that are already going, but I've noticed they've all been locked? Could'nt you just move the topics to another part of the site, and leave them unlocked? It's a pain if I have to restart things, and It'd be a lot easier to let the existing roleplays continue. At least, that's my opinion.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah, I just noticed that to. Why don't you just move the topics and allow us to put in a good title, instead of having us start it over again?
Yes, yes I do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

What if we want to change the titles now so that they can be moved? We cant because it is locked.
Is there any way we can still change the title and get it moved?
Maybe you're going to be the one who saves me...

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Yeah, every single one of my private roleplays has been locked. That's several stories I spent time crafting, only to be shut down unfairly. All of them were made before you passed your private topic lock, which I don't agree with. You could at least leave open the RPs that all ready existed as you claimed in the first post to at least try and look sincere in keeping things fair for everybody. As of now, things are too one-sided, and I really would like some way for me to continue my RPs other than being forced to continue via PM. I will do that if I have to, but I would prefer another way.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:28 pm

I feel the same way. Severeal of my really good and favorite roleplays, all of them exactly, has been completely locked? Why is that? I remember you saying that you were going to keep the existing ones continuing, but I agree with True and everyone else. It's unfair that we'll have to start over again.

[[True; do you think you can PM me your posts for the time being until all this is sorted out? Thanksy!]]
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:40 pm

At the top of the Private Roleplay thread, here, there are rules on what needs to be done to get the thread moved and unlocked in another forum once you have summoned the Moderator and given us the necessary changes. Then, we will work as fast as possible at moving the threads to the correct place.

Any questions feel free to PM me or one of the other Mods and we'll gladly help.

CriminalMinds.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:52 pm

All right, CriminalMinds, thanks for the help. I'll be sure to amke any changes necessary to the RPS as soon as I have the time, as another matter is pressing.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:34 pm

er...this may sound like a dumb question but my role play is already locked so i cant change the title like you said. it wont let me edit it out but I would like it moved...how do I change the titel while it's locked???^^

"The world could spin endlessly waiting for you to get yourself together. Each of us could drop before reaching each other. But at that and any point if you're willing to get up and dust yourself off- you will be reguaranteed your chance and our world will never stop spinning."-a friend

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 am

BikerAngel: Post the link, the title you want it changed to, and the forum you want your roleplay to go here and we'll do it for you ^^.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Alright. Thank you.

))The Fallen((

angel-bikerangel-t20641.html

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm

BikerAngel: Done. If you find that it's in the wrong forum or need any more help, just PM myself or one of the other Moderators and we'll be sure to help ^^.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dan-Nal-Khali on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey, sorry if I’m being really incompetent, but I want to move some of my private Role-Plays into the public domain so I can continue with them. Can I have a rundown of how to do that, because I am having trouble?
Sorry to be a bother.
Dan.
I was not the one stealing the laundry. (I was stealing the spoons.)

Dan-Nal-Khali
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:43 am

Dan,

What has to be done to move your private roleplays are stated here Just follow them and they will be moved as soon as possible. Any questions feel free to ask.

CriminalMinds.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snickerdoodle07 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Does that mean that in the Roleplayers Wanted board you can't ask for 1x1 partners anymore?
"You wait little girl on an empty stage, for fate to turn the light on."
-Sixteen Going on Seventeen. The Sound of Music.

snickerdoodle07
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:37 pm

I think this is fine. It is frustrating to see '1x1' or 'PRP' etc everywhere, and this rule clearly doesn't inhibit small group or one on one roleplays, nor private ones. Though I agree that private roleplays of a certain sort should be done by PM. I have no problem with people that want to do one on ones, but they should have actual titles and be free of sexual content, because PM's suit that far better and don't make the forum look bad.

Roleplay Gateways has never been a site to restrict or prohibit and ruin peoples fun, and the moderators only interests are to keep the forum to a quality and tidyness that people have come to expect of it. I think for those of you who are worried this is some kind of prohibition or infringement on your rights, you needn't worry because this decision is nothing of the sort.
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 am

Okay, so topics with 1x1 or Private in the topic title are not allowed.

Asking for 1x1 partners or private partners in the Roleplayers Wanted board is apparently not allowed, as the Roleplayers Wanted board is only to advertise to attract players to already existing roleplays (even though it says it practically in bold at the top of the page to "Please post all "Players Wanted" threads (such as 1x1 requests)...in the Roleplayers Wanted forum...)

However I'm told DO NOT make a pure 1x1 request as it will be locked, but make it into a OOC/IC board with a fitting description and title, otherwise it will be locked. Which makes sense to me...

So I'm lead to assume that if you wish to make a board asking for a PRP or 1x1, you must post it in the general OOC board, NOT explicitly refer to as such in the title, but word it into the general description. Basically, what I understand is something like this

Sample topic:
AIMing for a 1x1 roleplay! <---NO, NOT ACCEPTED.
Pokemon/Hogwarts/Med. Fantasy RP OOC/Signups <---ACCEPTED.

And just make it clear in the topic posting that this roleplay will take place over PMs, or specifically another medium such as messenger programs. Like, "Hi, thanks for checking out my board. I'd like to do a (insert type of RP) RP with anybody who is interested, but I'd prefer to roleplay with only one person at a time. As such, I'd prefer if we kept the RP to PMs, E-mail, or Messengers, etc..."

and go on to post whatever relevant information to the topic at hand as necessary (i.e. plot, rules, etc.)

...Am I not correct in my assumption of this? I'm not complaining, nor am I trying to be snarky, it's just I strongly and highly prefer private/one on one RP over group RPs and I want to make sure I'm going about the best way to advertise what type of RP I want.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nomannic on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:08 am

I only disagree if "looking for 1x1 PM partners" threads in the "RPers wanted" section aren't allowed. If it's in PM, it's not public, right?

Otherwise, okay, sounds good. It makes sense for the type of website you have. Just don't stop the PM rp's, please.
"You can beat me, you can kick me, you can spread my blood all over the pretty white floor. But you can never break what isn't yours. I belong to my Lord."

nomannic
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jajganker on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Safisan wrote:Read it again, hon. You *can* do PRPs, just with a proper title and under the category that suits it. So what would have been SafisanxNakedSheep is now 'The grand plains of Bikini Bottom.'

It brings some class to it, don't you think? As for truly private roleplays, you've had that shiny PM button far, far before the private roleplay forum. (At least, I think so.)

I don't mind that.
I personally would happen to One-on-One over PM if ever. *shrugs* That may just be me.
I do believe there is more class than what would be there before.

Just, ah, I am intrigued by choice of example. I get using your username, but the other username and the "new title" hits me as random. Like something you just wake up one morning and decide to use that day. I'm not trying to be rude, I do actually wake up and decide to use something random, I'm just pointing that out.

I digress and go off on random tangents easily. I do apologize if anybody was annoyed by the previous paragraph.
"Meet me once again down off Lake Michigan where we can feel the storm blowing down with the wind. And don't apologize for all the tears you've cried. You've been way too strong now for all your life."-Closer to Love by Mat Kearney

jajganker
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BriaLangston on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 am

From my limited experience, it's hard sometimes to find people to agree to a story to rp with, so sometimes making a private rp is the best you can do. I've had a few ideas that I've really loved since I worked so hard on them, yet no one would join except maybe one person, so the role play would just become private. While I understand while the forum was closed and such, I also understand why people role play privately. Sometimes, you don't wanna deal with about twenty characters and have to keep track of where everyone is and make sure no one feels left out or anything. I've felt hassled that way. And been yelled at. >.<

Just adding my two cents that don't really matter.
"The greater the obstacle, the more the glory in overcoming it."
Moliere

BriaLangston
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:18 am

We've not banned one on ones Bria. We only request that they have a title eg 'The One That Got Away' rather than '1 on 1 with...' and we request that they follow all our other rules, especially the romance one.

And for the IC threads we just request that it goes in the correct forum and is given a title like my example above and have something like closed in the title so no others join. I hope this helps and clarifies things for you.

No one should be yelling so if you have any trouble just PM one of us global mods and we'll see what we can do.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!